Receiving your test
Royal Mail Delays
We cannot guarantee the Royal Mail service or delivery times. We provide a tracked service, but Royal Mail delays are unfortunately outside of our control.
We will endeavour to notify you immediately in the unlikely event of any exceptional circumstance, for example, out of stock products or shipments delayed in transit.
* All orders will be dispatched within 24 business hours of being placed. Same day dispatch is possible if ordered Monday to Friday before 12noon and Saturdays before 10.00am.
Once your order has been dispatched, we will send a notification to the email address given when the order was placed, your tracking number will be on this email so keep it safe.
In each test kit there is a pre-paid postage bag for you to send your sample to our lab, please make sure you take note of the tracking number on the postage label as we do not keep a record of this. If you want to track when your sample has arrived at the lab you will need your tracking number.
Sending your sample back to our lab
Once your sample has been received at our lab, as soon as it has been unpacked and scanned into our system, you will receive an email to confirm the processing as started and we commit to reporting your results within 24-48 hours of scanning it into our system.
Please note, the delivery time reported by Royal Mail is not necessarily the exact time we receive the sample in our lab, which we understand is confusing and frustrating, however we are unable to control this due to Royal Mail processes.
Royal Mail Tracked 24
Providing your sample has been posted in one of the clearly identified Royal Mail Priority Postboxes, as instructed, Royal Mail aim to deliver your sample to our lab the next day.
It is essential you track your sample on its way to our lab – therefore, please ensure to make a note of your tracking number on your Essential Checklist card.
If you notice there is a delay with your sample delivery and it is stuck in transit for longer than 24 hours, please contact us immediately at [email protected] and we will endeavour to help you.
Why we use Royal Mail Tracked 24
The Tracked 24 service, with its purple COVID stickers, has been set up specifically for the transportation of COVID samples. It is the same service used by the NHS for COVID testing.
Due to the nature of COVID tests being biohazardous samples, this is the only Royal Mail service that is available for transporting COVID samples.
We are not able to use Special Delivery, or any other Royal Mail service for these reasons.
Sometimes there are delays with Royal Mail Tracked 24 that are outside of our control.
If you have ordered a Test-to-Release kit in advance, this will arrive on your Day 5 of self-isolation. As per the government guidelines we cannot dispatch this any earlier.
Please note, if you have not ordered this test kit in advance please check our dispatch information before placing your order to ensure you are able to participate in this scheme.
Covid Test Drop Box – hand delivery options in Manchester
If you are close to Manchester and would like to drop off your sample at our lab in person, we are now happy to offer this option for you.
How to drop your sample off in person at the Covid Test Drop Box:
- Samples can be dropped off at anytime, but please note, this box will only be checked from Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.
- If you deposit your sample on a Saturday or Sunday, it will not be processed until the Monday.
- Please drop your sample off at MyHealthChecked, Unit 16, Rutherford House, 40 Pencroft Way, Manchester, M15 6SZ
- The COVID Sample DropBox is located outside the main entrance to the left of the main door.
If you wish to use an alternative courier to send your sample back to our lab, we cannot be held liable for any lost/damaged/late samples, in these circumstances you would need to contact the courier direct.
Cancellations and Returns
- Orders may be cancelled providing we receive notice by 12pm (Monday-Friday) the day before your order is due to be dispatched.
- If your order has already been dispatched it may be returned within 14 days of delivery, providing the outer packaging it arrives in has not been opened, damaged, or tampered with whatsoever. The arrangement of the return and any associated costs are not covered by MyHealthChecked.
- Refunds for orders cancelled prior to dispatch, or for products returned undamaged, will be issued within 10 business days to the card that you made the payment with. Your bank might take an additional 5-10 days to process the refund.
- Please note due to the nature of the product if the package has been opened, damaged, or tampered with, you will not be entitled to a refund and we are required to discard the returned test kit.
- MyHealthChecked are not responsible for the activation of your test kit; this must be carried out by the customer. Failure to activate your sample will mean you cannot access your test results. Refunds will not be provided when test kit activation has not occurred.
- MyHealthChecked are not responsible for any changes in your circumstances, or changes in Government directives regarding self-isolation. Therefore, if you have opened the package your test kit arrived in you are not entitled to a refund, even if you no longer require the test.
- My Health Checked are not responsible for any changes in the government travel requirements or restrictions and cannot provide any guidance on these. For up-to-date advice please visit www.gov.uk/coronavirus
If you still wish to cancel or request a refund, please do so by completing our returns form.